At JC6 we have developed an exceptional programme of life enhancing enrichment experiences which ensure that our students have the time of their lives in Sixth Form, whilst developing life skills that give them a real edge when they arrive at their onwards destinations.
The JC6 Programme focuses on building skills that are highly sought after by employers and higher education providers and which enrich any university personal statement and CV:
• Leadership Skills
• Public Speaking
• Planning and Organisation
• Service to Society
• Moral and Ethical Reflection
Our additional opportunities open to our students include:
• Regular study visits, from explorative field work in Geography to visiting galleries in Art.
• Performing Arts showcases, including music recitals, choir performances and large scale musicals. Students enjoy rehearsing and performing in our purpose built drama studio, dance studio and stage.
• Supporting younger students by joining our mentoring programme.
• Organising annual JC6 charity events.
• Taking part in community volunteering. (Last year students enjoyed supporting members of the community through The Round Table.)
• A highly acclaimed and well established Duke of Edinburgh programme.
• Hustings and debates with local politicians.
• Building character and friendships as part of a Sixth Form sports team. Coached by expert staff, teams include Netball, Basketball and Rugby, however our specialist staff are always open to starting new teams based on your interests!
• Taking part in an independent STEM investigation through a Crest Award and potentially achieve nationally recognised success at The Big Bang Fair.
• Young Enterprise, supporting the UK’s new entrepreneurs.
• Taking a lead in the JCU Student Union and our student Equality and Diversity Committee.